My three kids start back to school in a little over a week so I’ve been trying to get back into the groove. I try to be really creative when it comes to school lunch for two out of my three children who insist on taking their own lunch. This year, I have more than enough ideas since the release of my new cookbook, “400 Best Sandwiches: From Classics & Burgers to Wraps & Condiments”. One of our favorite recipes from the “Lunchbox” chapter is this recipe for Lunch Box Sushi. It’s really easy, healthy, fresh and kids love it. Feel free to substitute cooked chicken for the shrimp. In honor of the popular demand for sandwiches and back to school, I am giving away one copy of my new sandwich cookbook.
How to Enter:
1. Please leave a comment telling me your child’s favorite lunch sandwich or your favorite. This is only open to U.S residents. To earn additional entries, leave a comment for the steps below:
2. Tweet this on twitter: Check out @alisonlewis 400 recipe Sandwich Cookbook Giveaway just in time for back to school lunch ideas http://su.pr/4JG5mz
3. Follow @alisonlewis on twitter
4. Become a fan of Ingredients, Inc on Facebook
5. Stumble this post and follow me on Stumble Upon
6. Winner will be selected Thursday August 11th.
This recipe is from my book “400 Best Sandwich Recipes: From Classics & Burgers to Wraps & Condiments” 2011 by Robert Rose Inc. Reprinted with permission and photo credit by Colin Erricson.
Lunch Box Sushi
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 cups cooked sushi short-grain rice, cooled
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
1 teaspoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
6 (10-inch) white or whole wheat tortillas
6 sheets nori
11/2 pounds cooked and peeled shrimp, chopped
1 cup chopped avocado
1 cup finely chopped cucumber
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2. In a medium bowl, combine rie, wasabi mixture, green onions, mayonnaise and red pepper flakes.
3. Line each tortilla with nori. Arrange rice mixture equally in center of each wrap. Add shrimp, avocado and cucumber. Fold both ends over filling. Roll up and serve with soy sauce.
Back to School Sandwich: Lunch Box Sushi & Cookbook Giveaway
My three kids start back to school in a little over a week so I’ve been trying to get back into the groove. I try to be really creative when it comes to school lunch for two out of my