I am so excited to announce my winner of this month’s mushroom giveaway! Congrats to Kelley from Mountain Mama Cooks for her submitting her recipe for Bacon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms. Be sure to check out all of the other contest entrants and the Mushrooms for Hope Pinterest Board for a collection of fabulous mushrooms recipes.
I love using mushrooms in my cooking, and you can always lighten up your family favorite recipes by using finely-chopped, umami-rich mushrooms for a portion of ground meat. Mushrooms and ground meat blend seamlessly to add an extra serving of vegetables to the plate by enhancing, extending or replacing the meat. Finely chopped mushrooms look similar and blend seamlessly with meat, so classics can be healthier without losing taste or satisfying texture. A great example of this is my Baked Spaghetti with Mushrooms, but there’s so many unique ways to use mushrooms in your cooking. Using more mushrooms reduces calories, fat and actually creates a healthier main dish (I actually think it tastes better too)! With the mushroom and meat blend, you don’t necessarily have to consume large quantities of meat to feel full and satiated, and your dish will also be more economical. Also, mushrooms bring important nutrients to your diet. See my blog post on 7 health benefits of mushrooms.
Check out the 30 mushroom recipes below!
- Fried Tortellini with Mushrooms via Oh Sweet Basil
- Cream of Mushroom Soup via Food.com
- Mushroom and Spinach Frittata via A Southern Fairytale
- Mushroom Crostini via Williams Sonoma
- Mushroom Quesadillas via Food Network
- Mushroom Soup via Food Network
- Mushroom Ravioli via Kitchen Daily
- Vienna Swiss Cheese Bread via Party Kitchen
- Bacon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms via Mountain Mama Cooks
- Stuffed Mushrooms with Olives and Sundried Tomatoes via Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Sausage Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms via ABC Recipes
- Turkey Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms via Chocolate and Carrots
- Mushroom and Fontina Quiche via Epicurious
- Thanksgiving Leftover Pizza via Created by Diane
- Cream of Mushroom Soup via Food Network Magazine
- Warm Steak Salad with Mushroom Brown Butter Sauce via All Day I Dream About Food
- Turkey Mushroom Sloppy Joes via Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Steakhouse Sautéed Mushrooms via Plain Chicken
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms via What Mickey Eats
- Tater Tot Bake via Allrecipes
- Shiitake and Pepperoni Quinoa via Family Fresh Cooking
- Artichoke Mushroom Chicken via Oh Sweet Basil
- Pasta with Mushrooms and Mint Pesto via A Thought For Food
- Skillet Rigatoni via Ingredients, Inc.
- Crockpot chicken via Tidy Mom
- Quinoa Fried Rice via My Vega
- Spinach and Mushroom Stromboli via Bell’alimento and Mushroom Channel
- Mushroom and Poblano Tacos via Mushroom Channel and The Wicked Noodle
- Portabella Burger via About.com
- Mushroom and Fontina Quiche via Epicurious
Mushrooms are still available in their pink packaging for Breast Cancer awareness so add some of these recipes to your menu list! This post is sponsored by Mushroom Council, but all opinions are my own. I love mushrooms!
Edamame with Cranberries and Feta
My 3 kids and I love eating edamame beans for snacks or a healthy appetizer. A friend gave me this recipe for Easy with Cranberries and Feta, and I made it twice in a week. This easy blend starts by
Super Easy Cobb Salad: Kid Friendly Recipe
Lately it has been such a struggle to figure out what to make the kids for dinner. I am always trying to come up with something new and different to please all three of my kids. I made this Easy
Easiest Cucumber Salad
Cucumber and Tomatoes always go together naturally for me, as this was something I always ate growing up in Alabama. Cucumbers are the star of this week’s Summer Fest, an amazing round-up of recipes and ideas held by Food Network.
Bistro Pasta Salad
As you know, for the past month I have been working with CanolaInfo on its World Heart Day 2011 campaign. To help encourage families to take their health into their own hands, I developed the “Home is Where the Heart
So Healthy, So Good: Quinoa Salad with Arugula and Feta
I’m shooting 4 television shows this week for NBC 13 “Daytime Alabama”, and here’s one of the dishes I will be making. For those of you not familiar with quinoa, I hope that I can help out. Quinoa is an
Cool and Fresh: Greek Chicken Salad and Ingredients, Inc. T-Shirt Give-Away
We have been eating a lot of cold dishes lately since it is beyond hot here in Alabama. I love trying new versions of chicken salad, and this Greek Chicken Salad is so easy and so flavorful. I used rotisserie