It’s Passover week, so you must have a simple recipe for Matzo Bark. It’s not only super easy to prepare, but it’s rich and a lot goes a long way. Adults and kids will enjoy this as a Passover dessert or snack this holiday week. Feel free to make it with or without the almonds since it’s great both ways. Thank you to my friend Nancy who shared a version of this recipe with me and to my daughter Leigh, who did a great job making this for this blog post. Love you girl!
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
Chopped almonds or pecans (optional)
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper Place matzo in an even layer and set aside.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add brown sugar and immediately reduce temperature to low. Cook, stirring until sugar has completely dissolved and begins to bubble. Drizzle toffee over matzo, spreading to cover.
4. Transfer toffee-covered matzo to oven and bake 4 to 6 minutes or until toffee has a shiny sheen. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Tent matzo with aluminum foil and let stand 10 minutes.
5. Remove foil and spread melted chocolate over matzo to cover; sprinkle with almonds, if desired. Transfer matzo to refrigerator and let chill at least 2 hours.
6. Break chilled matzo into pieces. It will keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature.
10 Best Passover Desserts
I can’t believe that Passover starts on Monday night. I have been receiving a bunch of emails asking me for Passover recipes and ideas. I thought I would share 10 Passover desserts that I really like and are unique. I
Passover Berry Crisp
It seems bizarre to showcase Passover and Easter recipes already, but these holidays come early this year, just a few weeks away. I know people start planning their Passover menus ahead of time, and Passover desserts are always a challenge.
No-Bake Mini Healthy Bites: Gluten-Free and Passover
I love to experiment with “No-Bake” cookie recipes, especially those that are gluten-free, Paleo Diet or perfect for Passover which starts this week. I was excited to make this recipe for No-Bake Mini Energy Bites which I made and tweaked
Passover is coming up this week, and I know so many are always looking for new, fun recipe ideas, especially to please the kids. I made these Passover S’mores a few years ago, and they have become a Passover staple
My Top 4 Favorite Passover Desserts
I can’t believe Passover is right around the corner starting the evening of April 6th. I have had so many requests and emails about recipes I featured last year. Here are my top 3 favorite desserts. The first one is Passover
Weekend Inspiration: Travel, Food, Fashion and Fitness
Wow, what a week! From Disney in Orlando for Food Blog Forum to Sandestin Resort (pictured above and below) in South Walton, my kids and I have had quite the treat. I guess this is the true definition of an “awesome” spring