Who is ready for Halloween? I did my monthly radio show this week WMJJ Magic 96.5 FM Radio on “Healthy Halloween Eating Tips”, and I mentioned this recipe for Halloween Caramel Corn. It makes a great party, snack or dessert idea just in time for Halloween. I am so excited to have had the opportunity to get Oprah Winfrey’s trainer, Bob Greene to share some of his top healthy Halloween tips. Bob Greene, founder of TheBestLife.com, offers a few helpful hints for having a happy and healthy Halloween, and starting the holiday season off on the right foot. We all need this right? “The key to enjoying Halloween is to have a plan of action beforehand,” says Greene. Here are his top 7 healthy Halloween tips:
1. Delay candy shopping: If you have bags of candy lying around your home for weeks before the holiday, you will start to dip into them. Stores will have plenty of candy to sell, even the day before Halloween so make this the last thing you do for the holiday
2. Opt for lower calorie treats: When you do shop, consider getting hard candy, such as small lollipops, which have fewer calories than gooey chocolate and caramel treats.
3. Buy your least favorite candy. If there’s a type of sweet you can’t stand, make that your candy of choice for treat-or-treaters. That way, you won’t be tempted to taste.
4. Eat before trick-or-treating: You will need the energy to take your kids around anyway, so you may as well have a healthy meal before heading out. If you’re feeling full, you’ll be less likely to sample all the sweets.
5. Don’t neglect your workouts: It’s fine to enjoy a little candy on Halloween, but don’t forget to sneak in a workout. Try to add an extra 15 minutes to your sweat session to help offset the calorie splurge.
6. Partner with other families: Find other like-minded moms and dads in your neighborhood who want to offer healthier options and make those homes your designated trick-or-treat spots.
7. Go bobbing for apples: Apples are high in fiber, plus they contain quercetin, which has cancer-fighting properties.
Best Life is a company devoted to helping you become your healthiest. Its popular online weight loss plan, TheBestLife.com, based on Bob Greene’s best-selling The Best Life Diet, is focused on helping individuals create their best life and encouraging them to enjoy it each and every day. Behind all of our advice is the belief that losing weight shouldn’t be about counting calories or deprivation, eating nutritiously shouldn’t require sacrificing taste, and living healthfully shouldn’t be a chore. Rather, living your best life involves making smart choices that fit into your lifestyle. It’s about taking pleasure in eating foods that taste good and are good for you. Ultimately, it’s a way of living that brings more joy and satisfaction to your life.
Halloween Candy 100 Calories or Less
Happy Halloween everyone! Halloween is such a fun holiday whether you have kids or not. One thing I try not to do, but always seem to, is to indulge in the candy. It’s only once a year, right? This year,
Every Halloween my daughter, Leigh, loves to have friends over to decorate cupcakes for Halloween. I purchase an array of baking supplies, and she and her friends scan the internet for inspiration. They always ask me what blogs are some
Every day I spend so much time looking at recipes and food blogs. I often get asked, “Don’t I ever get tired of looking at food all day, every day?” Honestly, no. As a Professional Recipe Developer, I am always