Whether it’s family or work, life can be stressful no matter what stage you are in. Being that I am a single mom of three active children and experiencing the everyday challenges of living with an ill parent, I have been searching for various ways to help me relax. Below are a few of my favorite tips that have helped to relieve my stress. If you have any others, please share!
1. Identify the problem: Ask yourself what is triggering your anxiety and write down possible solutions for each. Having a list in front of you will help you understand and identify the issue.
2. Exercise regularly: Even if it is taking a walk with a friend, stay active! Head to the gym and try a Pilates or yoga class. These classes teach various ways to meditate, while helping loosen tight muscles and facilitate deeper breathing.
3. Get some rest: Sleep helps your body replenish. Try going to bed even 30 minutes earlier, you’ll be able to handle stress better if you’re well-rested and nourished.
4. Travel: If possible, plan a getaway and take some personal downtime in a new setting. Even staying with a friend or family for a night can help give you a new perspective on things and give your mind a night off from stress. Or, make it a family trip and spend some time with your loved ones! If you’re traveling with kids, check out my tips on how to make your vacation stress-free here.
5. Do what you love: Read a good book, see a movie, go get your nails done or simply watch your favorite show. Make time for a favorite activity at least once a week to help take your mind off your problems and put a smile on your face!
Albion Fit Women’s Fitness $100 Giveaway
I am so excited about sharing this post today because I am hosting a giveaway my new favorite fitness activewear and swimwear find, Albion Fit. Albion’s mission is to provide women with the most flattering, and hassle-freel leisure apparel. Albion
Grilled Salmon and Gruyere Grilled Cheese
If you missed it last week, I mentioned that April is National Grilled Cheese month. I wanted to share one of my grilled cheese recipes from my latest cookbook 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. I recently shared this recipe for Salmon and Gruyere
Thursday Thoughts: New Travel Magazine, Awesome Kids and more
Wow, what a week! I worked ALL last weekend and this week on the upcoming launch of Healthy Travel Magazine coming March 2013 in conjunction with Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles Magazine. This has been my 10-year idea which is now
Instead of going out for pizza, try this Arugula-Tomato Pizza, an easy 30 minute vegetarian option. I love using Mama Mary’s Pizza crusts which you can typically find near the deli section of the grocery store. They are quick and
9 Worthy Winter Soups
It’s the perfect time for winter soups starting with one of my favorite recipes for Lentil Soup. All of these recipes have have something special about them from the use of kale to quinoa to a five ingredient chili. Soups
Downton Abbey Afternoon Tea at Ritz Carlton Buckhead: Travel Tuesday
Inspired by Downton Abbey on Masterpiece, guests may enjoy the pleasantries of British-styled tea and snap a photo of themselves with a fanciful cutout of Lord Grantham and Lady Grantham, Dowager Countess at the hotel’s iconic fireplace in The Ritz