Whether it’s family or work, life can be stressful no matter what stage you are in. Being that I am a single mom of three active children and experiencing the everyday challenges of living with an ill parent, I have been searching for various ways to help me relax. Below are a few of my favorite tips that have helped to relieve my stress. If you have any others, please share!
1. Identify the problem: Ask yourself what is triggering your anxiety and write down possible solutions for each. Having a list in front of you will help you understand and identify the issue.
2. Exercise regularly: Even if it is taking a walk with a friend, stay active! Head to the gym and try a Pilates or yoga class. These classes teach various ways to meditate, while helping loosen tight muscles and facilitate deeper breathing.
3. Get some rest: Sleep helps your body replenish. Try going to bed even 30 minutes earlier, you’ll be able to handle stress better if you’re well-rested and nourished.
4. Travel: If possible, plan a getaway and take some personal downtime in a new setting. Even staying with a friend or family for a night can help give you a new perspective on things and give your mind a night off from stress. Or, make it a family trip and spend some time with your loved ones! If you’re traveling with kids, check out my tips on how to make your vacation stress-free here.
5. Do what you love: Read a good book, see a movie, go get your nails done or simply watch your favorite show. Make time for a favorite activity at least once a week to help take your mind off your problems and put a smile on your face!
Summer Travel Family Traditions at St. Regis Aspen
I have a great idea for summer travel! The St. Regis Aspen introduces a unique Family Traditions program, offering thrilling, adventure-packed family “experiences”, and a variety of family-friendly amenities and services. The St. Regis Aspen’s Family Traditions summer program features three seasonal “experiences”, comprised of
Banana Smoothie Recipe only 3 Ingredients
Looking for a breakfast or afternoon snack recipe? My daughter, Leigh was at it again in the kitchen and made this Banana Smoothie recipe for my son, Zachary. Zachary will eat pretty much any cuisine and even drink kale smoothies.
Mother’s Day Light Cocktails: Relaxing Spatini
Happy Mother’s Day! Can a cocktail really be light? Check out this Relaxing Spatini recipe made with Smirnoff Sorbet Light which is only 78 calories per 1.5 ounce serving. This is perfect for those moms that are looking for a fun, tasty
Gluten Free Diet idea: Sandwich on a Stick
So many friends are on a a gluten free diet for health or other reasons. This recipe for Sandwiches on a Stick are the perfect gluten free sandwich recipe idea. These also make great lunch ideas for the kids or
5 Mother’s Day Breakfast Recipes
I can’t believe Mother’s Day is this weekend. Last year was a rough, emotional mother’s day with my mom passing away the week before. It has been a tough year to say the least, but being a mom with 3