Did you make New Year’s resolutions? If so, how is that going? I have a list of 10 New Year’s Resolutions you can actually stick to. If you have any other ideas, leave a comment below sending me more ideas! Have a super rest of your week and weekend!
1. Unplug: Unwind by spending less time on your phone and computer, especially when you’re trying to relax, on vacation or in a social environment. You’ll have more social time, be more relaxed and more productive!
2. Read more, browse less: Reading is a great source of relaxation and can help you sleep better at night. Pick a time each night to turn off the computer, iPad and smart phone and relax with a good book.
3. Eat at home more often: Eating at home will help save you money and can help lead to healthier diet. Restaurants offer larger portions than most of us need and typically cook with more oil, fat and salt than you would at home.
4. Plan meals: Try to plan meals and snacks ahead of time. If you stock your home or office with healthy foods and snacks, you will eat healthier and spend less money!
5. Take the stairs: Most people join a new gym in January, but by March they stop going! If getting to the gym is difficult, remember to move more throughout the day. Take the stairs, ride your bike or walk wherever and whenever you can!
6. Be more organized and focused: Write everything down. Keep one notebook with all your daily to-do’s and check them off as you go. This way, your lists are all in one place.
7. Restock your pantry: If you’re goal is to lose weight, start small! Once a week, replace one junk food favorite with a healthier option. For example, eat an orange instead of a candy bar to satisfy your sweet tooth. Continue substituting healthy options until you eliminate all of the junk food in your diet!
8. Step out of your comfort zone: Try something new! Mix up your workout schedule, try a new hobby or make that change you’ve been contemplating. Switching up your routine will give you confidence, mental stimulation and even help you meet new friends.
9. Carve out “Me Time”: Schedule your workouts, a long lunch or a mid-day walk. Penciling in half an hour to an hour of “me time” on your calendar every day is a great stress reliever and important for your body. Start taking care of yourself, even if it’s 10 minutes of quiet meditation. It will be worth it!
10. Be specific: Think about what resolutions you want to achieve this New Year. Once you have a few in mind, write them down and think through what steps you need to take to achieve them. If you take these measures and have the will, you will be very successful!