cool kitchen gadgets

sept cover reduced jpg

july cover extra small copy

Easy Peach Pie: Summerfest

August 15, 2012

My daughter, Leigh, has been begging me to make a Peach Pie with her, so we used store-bought pie crusts to make this Easy Peach Pie. She even made this lattice crust for the pie by herself, and I was impressed what a great job she did. We are so fortunate to live in Alabama where we get to savor Chilton County Peaches. These are some of the best southern peaches you can buy, and and they have been sold and grown since 1976. I grew up eating these fabulous summer fruits, a true summer southern tradition. This Easy Peach Pie is as good as it is simple so enjoy while peaches are at their peak. For more fabulous peach recipes see the following wonderful blogs for this week’s Summerfest via The Food Network.

Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Peach Blackberry Arugula Salad

Cook: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Ingredients
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 Double crust pie crust (I used Pillsbury)
10 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
Preparation
1. Combine flour, sugar and butter into in a large bowl until it resembles a crumble mixture.

2. Place one crust in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Line the shell with a layer of sliced peaches. Sprinkle 1/4 of the crumb mixture and another layer of peaches. Continue layering with the crumb mixture and peaches until all ingredients are gone. Top with lattice strips from the remaining pie crust.

3. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden. Let cool before slicing.

21 Responses to “Easy Peach Pie: Summerfest”
August, 22 2012at 07:07 am
gorgeous pie! I've never tried layering fruit with a crumb before but it sounds incredible, I'm going to have to try it next time I make a pie
August, 15 2012at 10:13 am
[...] Peach Muffins With Peach Butter Heather Christo Cooks: Peach Coconut Pancakes Ingredients, Inc: Easy Peach Pie From My Corner of Saratoga: Grilled Peaches With Caramel-Ginger Sauce and Pound Cake Dishin & [...]
August, 15 2012at 10:57 am
I have some gorgeous Colorado peaches on the counter and a ready made crust in the freezer so yes, I'll be going there today! Easy is good...it's all about the peaches!
August, 15 2012at 10:59 am
August, 15 2012at 11:05 am
Jeanette says:
August, 15 2012at 11:08 am
I've never made peach pie, but this sounds so easy. I love peaches!
August, 15 2012at 12:15 pm
The closest I've come to peach pie this year is peach and nectarine donuts and peach pie smoothies :) Love these gorgeous recipe ideas! Mmmmm :)
Amy says:
August, 15 2012at 05:17 pm
I am making this tonight! WOW easy!
Julie says:
August, 15 2012at 05:17 pm
We just made this. It smells heavenly. I must say. Your daughter did a pretty job on the lattice!
August, 15 2012at 07:10 pm
[...] Ingredients, Inc: Easy Peach Pie [...]
August, 15 2012at 07:23 pm
[...] Ingredients, Inc: Easy Peach Pie [...]
August, 16 2012at 09:04 am
Love these peach recipes! I think I definitively need to make a peach pie before the summer ends!
August, 16 2012at 09:23 am
Peach pie is one of my favorite summertime desserts! I can never manage to get my lattice to look as nice as yours does though. :)
August, 16 2012at 09:26 am
Can I just say that I've NEVER had peach pie :-/ Having seen how easy it is, I really have no excuse.
August, 16 2012at 10:07 am
That's a great looking peach pie! I especially like the lattice top. Good job.
August, 16 2012at 10:09 am
Hi Alison! Because I believe that cooking and eating together is the quickest and strongest way to nurture family relationships, I love, love, love the fact that Leigh joined you in the kitchen. Warmed my heart...and made me want to make (and eat)a comforting peach pie! Please tell Leigh she did an absolutely amazing job on the lattice work! xo
August, 16 2012at 05:58 pm
Love how easy this is!! Perfect summer dessert!
August, 17 2012at 12:15 pm
[...] Peach Muffins With Peach Butter Heather Christo Cooks: Peach Coconut Pancakes Ingredients, Inc: Easy Peach Pie From My Corner of Saratoga: Grilled Peaches With Caramel-Ginger Sauce and Pound Cake Dishin & [...]
August, 17 2012at 02:52 pm
She did a fabulous job on the lattice, a real pro!
August, 22 2012at 04:35 pm
Peaches are my absolute favorite. This gorgeous pie just takes the cake. Ha! XO
March, 23 2014at 08:29 pm
I have been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than evera before. michael kors handbags outlet