July 12, 2012
We have been eating watermelon nonstop this summer. Honestly, my kids and I are addicted. It’s a good thing thought because watermelon is packed with some of the most powerful antioxidants. I though you might be interested in the Top 5 Health Benefits of Eating Watermelon:
1. Watermelon is high in Vitamins A and C. Vitamin C is great to boost your immune system, and Vitamin A helps promote healthy eyes.
2. Watermelon is high in beta-carotene which help development of new healthy cells and also enhances wound healing.
3. Watermelon is rich in Vitamin B which is great for energy production.
4. Watermelon is higher in lycopene content than any other fruit or vegetable which helps protect against colon, rectal and prostate cancer as well as heart disease.
5. Watermelon is filled with electrolytes such as sodium and potassium. It’s great for dehydration and for those of you who strive to be athletes.
Would you believe that watermelon seeds are also healthy? They are high in protein, B vitamins and amino acids. Who knew?
9 Responses to “5 Health Benefits of Watermelon”
I must be extra healthy then b/c I love watermelon :)
I love watermelon...love that it's so healthy! I had no idea the seeds were healthy too!
We eat so much watermelon so glad to know!
Do you know I eat almost a whole, huge watermelon everyday. I have a problem. I'll sit there and eat until I feel almost sick...that's how much I love it. It's my fave summer ritual. Glad it's healthy!
mi love watermelon.i also tried plantng watermelon lastyr.can u show us more recipes about shakes or coolers using watermelon
Buy Super Beta Prostate says:
What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable
experience concerning unexpected emotions.
great informative article !
Watermelon has 92% of water and electrolytes, it keeps my body hydrated :-)
I visited several blogs but the audio quality for audio songs present at this website is actually superb.
Hello to all, since I am really keen of reading this blog's post to
be updated daily. It carries fastidious material.
Leave a Reply