May 31, 2011
Summer is now upon us, and this is the time of year to really take care of your skin. Many doctors say the more attention we pay to what we put in our body, the more it will help with skin problems later. I thought I would share some of my favorite foods that are great for healthy skin. Let me know if you have any favorites to add to my list.
1. Blueberries and Strawberries-Foods high in antioxidants are ideal for healthy skin. These should be on your summer list while they’re in peak season.
2. Green Tea-Green tea contains phenols which have anti-inflammatory properties. It has been said that drinking green tea daily can even prevent skin cancer.
3. Avocados-Filled with essential oils and B-complex vitamins, avocados are filled with Niacin (vitamin B3) which is important for healthy skin.
4. Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds and Walnuts-These nuts, filled with vitamin E, zinc and magnesium, are great for your skin.
5. Salmon-Contains essential fatty acids, omega-3 and omega-6 and can help create great moisturized looking skin.
6. Water-Many of us have heard it before, but water keeps you hydrated and keeps the skin healthy and younger looking. Make sure you drink at least 8 glasses a day.
7. Low-Fat Yogurt-Dairy products are full of Vitamin A necessary for healthy skin. Try Greek yogurt or even low-fat cottage cheese if you like.
8. Carrots-An excellent source of Vitamin A, carrots also contain high amounts of beta-carotene and antioxidants which helps prevent damage to the skin.
9. Mangoes-Mangoes are high in Beta Carotene and Vitamin A, and they are a good source of antioxidants. These have also been called an “acne cure”.
10. Kiwi-Kiwi packs more vitamin C than any other fruit which helps maintain collagen in our skin. Collagen helps keep the skin firm.
18 Responses to “10 Foods Great for Healthy Skin”
Made me happy to read that I already eat quite a few of those foods!
This really is a great list! My daughter and I have been enjoying a triple berry smoothie daily lately - fresh blueberries and strawberries, frozen raspberries and a banana...pure goodness!
great post and reminder - i try to eat these as much as i can.
Love this list! Along the beta carotene list, I'll add sweet potatoes :)
[...] 10 Foods Great for Healthy Skin | Ingredients, Inc.. [...]
Great reminders, Alison! I usually get some of these but always have trouble remembering to drink enough water.
Cookin' Canuck says:
All of these foods make regular appearances at our meals - except kiwi. I need to work on adding that one in.
Maris (In Good taste) says:
This is a great list to remind everyone of the important foods we should all be eating!
Love your lists. Such a great reminder to eat better.
Hi there, My life's mission, oddly enough, is canned Alaska salmon. We commercially fish in Alaska, and for reasons explained my web site, I took up the advocacy of canned Alaska salmon a few years ago. It is a tremendous food on all fronts. I see lists such as you have posted, and I think, "Do they know about canned Alaska salmon as way to ensure optimal consumption of this wonderful food stuff, wild salmon? " Can I send you some samples? If you are so inclined I would most eagerly submit to an interview or a giveaway. I know it may sound a little tedious, talking about canned salmon, but there is quite back story to this abundant food of the USA, and I love to tell it! Best Regards, and I hope to hear from you, Shirley Zuanich Pure Alaska Salmon Co LLC purealaskasalmon.com 360-671-1227
Isn't it great that whole foods that nourish your body also nourish the skin!
Great list! We east just about everything on this list fairly regularly, except for the salmon. Not my fave. ( Here's to summer and glowing skin!
I love Avocados.....
Hi there, I discovered your web site by way of Google at the same time as looking for a comparable subject, your site came up, it appears to be like great. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks. Hello there, just changed into aware of your weblog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I am gonna be careful for brussels. I will appreciate when you continue this in future. Many folks will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
Idrotherapy Review says:
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to claim that I get actually enjoyed account your weblog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing in your augment and even I fulfillment you get right of entry to constantly quickly.
Its not my first time to pay a quick visit this site, i am visiting this web site dailly and take pleasant facts from here all the time.
vitamin b3 says:
You really make it appear really easy with your presentation however I in finding this topic to be really one thing that I think I would never understand. It sort of feels too complicated and extremely huge for me. I'm taking a look forward to your subsequent publish, I'll try to get the cling of it!
boxer brief 3xl says:
Hi to every one, since I am really keen of reading this web site's post to be updated regularly. It carries nice material.