Food Blog Forum-Atlanta Recap: Wonderful Learning and New Friends

September 13, 2010

I am so fortunate to have attended Food Blog Forum in Atlanta this past weekend. Atlanta is a simple drive from Birmingham so I was very lucky to be able to travel such a short distance. I am not sure where to start to describe this conference, but it was awesome (and for such an incredible price). Not only was the information presented so amazing, but I can’t say enough about the unbelievable people I met. There’s almost too many to name, and I don’t want to leave anyone out. This was the nicest group of people I have encountered in probably, forever. I have to thank Jaden from Steamy Kitchen, Todd and Diane from  White on Rice Couple, and Gwen from Bunky Cooks for organizing such an amazing event. Y’all are so awesome and have such great talent, personality and heart. Special thanks to Preyna of Indian Simmer and Angie of Bakerella for sharing their photos for this post (my camera battery was dead).

My Favorite Things about Food Blog Forum Atlanta:

1. The Watermelon Pork Belly Skewers and Pork Tacos prepared by Kevin Rathbun of Rathbuns.

2. Meeting Todd, Diane and Jadan. These three couldn’t be more talented and wonderfully sweet and genuine all in one.

3. Hanging out at The Viking Store Atlanta and tasting incredible food and wine in a wonderful shop filled with everything I wanted to buy. It was hard to resist.

4. Driving and talking to Amy, She Wears Many Hats, Debra and Rod of Smith Bites, Robyn, Add a Pinch and Winnie, Healthy Green Kitchen. Truly a fun and talented group!

5. Listening to my friend, Virginia Willis, and meeting and listening to Alysa of Bella Cucina as well as Jaden’s insights on “Building a Personal Brand”. They are all beyond amazing.

6. Having lunch with Julie from Mommiecooks, Preyna of Indian Simmer, Megan from What’s Megan Making and Wendy of The Local Cook.

7. The amazingly informational photography, photo gear and styling tips by Todd and Diane of White on Rice Couple.

8. Meeting and chatting with Nashville talents Lyndsay and Taylor of Love and Olive Oil, Beth of  Eat, Drink Smile and Julie of The Little Kitchen

9. Hanging with Angie (who gave me my first blog advice ever) of Bakerella and Beverly and Alyssa of  Kitchen Scoop of the famous newspaper column, “Desperation Dinners”.

10. Realizing that the food blog community is beyond special. This group of people was so kind, real, talented and passionate about what they are doing. It was, and is, truly inspiring!

15 Responses to “Food Blog Forum-Atlanta Recap: Wonderful Learning and New Friends”
Nisha says:
September, 14 2010at 01:46 pm
Wow! This looks like a fun and yummy conference that I should have been at!
September, 13 2010at 08:42 pm
What an amazing experience! And so many fabulous people! Thrilled that you'll be at Lavish!
Julie M. says:
September, 13 2010at 08:48 pm
Alison, I'm am so excited to have had the chance to have met you. I am in awe of all that you have accomplished and cannot WAIT to check out your new book! Great post! Thank you so much for the kind words and hopefully we'll meet up at another conference soon!
Amy says:
September, 14 2010at 06:13 am
Wasn't it a great weekend? Had fun hanging with you too!
September, 14 2010at 08:12 am
Alison, it is awesome to read about your experience at FBF. I could not agree more, not only is our blog community a hard working & talented bunch....but they are awesome & kind as well. You and I must end up at a conference together soon :) xo
Susan Gilpin says:
September, 14 2010at 10:18 am
Alison, sounds like a wonderful gathering. How did you learn of this. I would love to have taken advantage of the opportunity. Perhaps there'll be another in the future. Hope all's well with you. I would love to connect with you at some point. Look forward to hearing from you. Susan
September, 14 2010at 01:49 am
It was so great meeting you! I hope to attend another food blogging conference and see you there.
Robyn says:
September, 13 2010at 10:23 pm
It was great to meet you, too! Can't wait to see you again soon. Stay in touch!
September, 13 2010at 09:29 pm
Great recap! It was so good meeting you this weekend, I'm just sorry we didn't get to talk longer! I'm glad you found some pictures to use for your post! :)
September, 13 2010at 09:46 pm
I'm so glad we met Alison! What a great experience that was to meet all you wonderful people and learn so in those two days. Hoping to meet you again soon and stay in touch!
September, 14 2010at 05:07 pm
Wasn't FBF fabulous?!? I'm still poring through my notes and marveling at the information, people and ideas that were shared. My favorite gem comment came from Virginia Willis, 'Sometimes you need to say "no" to a good idea to make room for the great idea." Powerful advice. All the best, Lynn
September, 14 2010at 05:28 pm
What a great opportunity! Food bloggers are the best!
Mandy Lea says:
September, 15 2010at 11:07 am
Alison, I agree, what an amazing time at Food Blog Forum in Atlanta. Everyone was such an inspiriation - especially for new bloggers. I've really enjoyed your pictures, thanks! Mandy Lea
Radhika says:
September, 15 2010at 12:20 pm
Enjoyed reading you post. What a fun experience it is. I blog hopped from Steamy Kitchen and am so glad I did. Looking forward to be connected with you.
September, 15 2010at 01:21 pm
Alison, I am so glad that you were able to come and that you had a great time. It was lots of fun and incredibly inspiring. We are so close, let's make an effort to get together again! Gwen