Summer Fest 2010: Green Beans with Cilantro and Pine Nuts

August 11, 2010

32919

I love cooking fresh vegetables in the summertime and love being a part of the Summerfest 2010 community where bloggers feature recipes for certain produce for the next few weeks. To participate, read more about Summer Fest on ¬†Away to Garden from Margaret. This week’s theme features beans, greens and herbs, whichever you choose. My recipe for Green Beans with Cilantro and Pine Nuts is so easy and light. I added some leftover corn from grilling out the night before, but this recipe is great with or without it. The fresh lime juice and pine nuts add great flavor to this simple side dish.

Green Beans with Cilantro and Pine Nuts

Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients
1 pound green beans trimmed
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup corn kernels, cooked
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
Preparation
1. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes or until tender but still crisp. Drain.

2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add beans, corn, salt, pepper, lime juice, cilantro and pine nuts. Cook 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.

6 Responses to “Summer Fest 2010: Green Beans with Cilantro and Pine Nuts”
kay jacoby says:
August, 11 2010at 01:20 pm
Can't wait to try this... soon!
August, 11 2010at 01:38 pm
Green beans and cilantro--I've never tried this combo before. Can't wait to give it a go! I've posted a Hungry Mama round up of mostly greens and one herb recipe here: Hungry Mama Summer Fest Greens recipes You'll find Polenta Creamed Spinach, Hand-Held Spinach Pies (w/ a no-cook filling--so easy!), Chard & Mushroom Enchiladas, Kale Chips (really, though, my recipe has a kick that takes these up a notch!) and Tarragon Blackberry Grapefruit pops. Phew! Enjoy!
August, 12 2010at 05:22 pm
This looks delicious-- and thanks for stopping by my blog to add this to the Summer Fest party! My addition this week was this Wax and Butter Bean Herbed Salad: http://www.thewrightrecipes.com/savory/summer-fest-herbs-greens-beans Can't wait to see what you cook up next week for stone fruit!
August, 11 2010at 02:53 pm
Amazing how fresh veggies don't need much at all. Your ingredients here are fresh, light and perfectly summer. Great addition of pine nuts & cilantro. Summer fest is a blast, huh! Here is my recipe for this weeks Summer Fest, I highlighted Basil: Grilled Cheese Bruschetta http://www.familyfreshcooking.com/2010/08/10/mozzarella-basil-tomato-grilled-cheese-bruschetta/
Ansley says:
February, 10 2011at 01:14 pm
This sounds and looks wonderful
August, 19 2011at 07:40 am
I really believe alter the stay healthy is to eat properly, get your rest and exercise. If you don't exercise along with do the other a pair of, I still don't think it's going to help you a whole lot.