With August being Family Fun Month, resorts around the world are offering unique family-friendly programs and services that the whole family can enjoy. Whether families prefer to enjoy, line dancing and horseback riding in Arizona, or cooking classes in Mexico, these destinations are sure to bring out the fun in any family vacation. I want to go to ALL of them! How about you?
Tanque Verde Ranch | Tucson, AZ
Located on 60,000 acres nestled between the Rincon Mountains, Saguaro National Park and the Coronado National Forest, Tanque Verde Ranch offers a unique destination for families to unplug and reconnect. Guests of all ages will enjoy the daily scheduled activities taking place from sunrise to sunset, with breaks for breakfast, lunch and dinner, served community style in the dining hall or outdoors at the property’s Cottonwood Grove. Children can take part in a supervised kids programs that include horseback riding lessons, trips to the Nature Center to learn about Arizona wildlife and serene desert surroundings while adults can relax by the pool or indulge in a massage treatment at the ranch’s La Sonora Spa. All-inclusive rates provide accommodations, three-daily meals and access to the ranch’s daily scheduled activities (including what was mentioned above and more), or guests can book special packages and add on activities ”a la carte” to better fit their interests and budget. www.tanqueverderanch.com
Kids Stay Free
The Kids Stay Free Package allows kids to take advantage of the following activities free of charge:
- Three hearty meals daily
- Horseback riding lessons, trail rides and friendly competitions where kids can take on their parents in the arena, such as “Fun”khana and Team Penning
- Guided mountain bike and hiking tours, including educational walks such as “Birding for Beginners” and “Pharmacy of the Desert”
- On-property Nature Center where guests can learn about the unique animals of the Saguaro National Park from an on-staff naturalist
- Fishing lessons, tennis clinics, pickle ball, cowboy cookouts with line dancing and live music, and much more
- Highly regarded Kids Program for children ages 4-11. The programs are called Wranglers, Buckaroos and Outlaws, and are broken out based on each child’s age and horseback riding experience. Parents are welcome to join the kids for the day or participate in the other pre-scheduled adult activities if they wish
* The Kids Stay Free package is subject to availability and based on double-occupancy and a minimum four-night stay. Valid for up to two kids ages 4 through 11 until August 31st.
Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa, San Diego, CA
Spanning 45 lush acres of gardens, trails, olive groves, casitas and more, Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa is a Mediterranean inspired, all-suite property that offers the finest accommodations, service and programming that San Diego has to offer. In Fall 2012, Rancho Valencia—Southern California’s only Relais & Châteaux property— reopened to guests after a 10-month, $30 million property-wide renovation. Rancho Valencia is located 90 miles south of Los Angeles, 30 minutes north of downtown San Diego and a short drive from the warm and sunny beaches of Del Mar and La Jolla. With its prime location in sunny San Diego, Rancho Valencia is the perfect destination for the whole family to enjoy.
Stay & Play Spa Package includes:
- $175 spa credit per person, to use as you please
- Fresh orange juice, milk and morning paper delivered to your suite daily
- Complimentary use of the tennis courts, fitness center, yoga pavilion and all fitness classes
In addition, amenities and fun for Rancho Valencia’s children’s offerings include:
- Kids welcome gift at check in – (Burlap backpack, RV Activity Book with crayons, Chukker the Horse)
- Kids welcome amenity upon arrival – (Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk with kids name written in chocolate syrup on plate)
- Tennis Clinics and a variety of fitness classes can be set up for families to enjoy
Located a hour south of San Diego, Rancho La Puerta is the original “fitness resort” and spa welcomes some 140 guests each week to its 3,000 private acres of gardens, mountains and meadows in Baja California, Mexico. All facilities and land are for the exclusive use of guests who come for an entire week, Saturday to Saturday, or partial-week stays of three or four nights. It’s a unique escape for guests offering over 80 fitness classes including TRX, yoga, pilates and advanced hiking trails as well as spa treatments and therapeutic sessions. In addition to fitness and spa experiences, the Ranch offers daily lectures and workshops to inspire guests. Each week the Ranch has visiting guest speakers, talented performers and workshop leaders—authors, politicians, musicians, artists, MDs and other leaders in their fields — to present afternoon learning experiences and evening lectures. This summer, Rancho La Puerta will host their third-annual Family Week – Camp Kuchumaa.
At “Camp Kuchumaa,” August 2-9, 2014, Rancho La Puerta opens its doors to families with special activities including:
- Hiking and bird watching among the Ranch’s mountains, forests and meadows
- Harvesting fresh ingredients from the six-acre garden and cooking classes at La Cocina Que Quanta
- Music classes that include drumming, dancing and family sing-alongs
- Outdoor recreation including volleyball, swimming, yoga and tennis
- Story telling, Spanish classes, painting, drawing, photography workshops, martial arts and more
A great line-up of presenters and a promise that Rancho La Puerta has carefully planned the week to provide families with opportunities to spend quality time together, active and relaxing, but also with plenty of time for adults and children alike to explore their own programs at their own pace.
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa | Jackson Hole, WY
The AAA Four Diamond Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa combines quiet elegance with the warmth and rustic details of a quintessential Jackson Hole lodge to create the ideal family adventure. This summer, families can custom-create their own vacation by choosing from some of Jackson Hole’s bundle of right-out-you-door activities including river trips, horseback riding and wildlife tours.
The Choose Your Own Adventure Package includes:
- 3-night stay in any unit with 15% off BAR
- Choice of the following activities:
- Scenic Float Trip
- Whitewater River Trips
- Teton Village Horseback Ride (May 20 – September 30)
- Wildlife Tours
- Booking Link: http://tetonlodge.com/packages/summer-adventure
Hotel Terra | Jackson Hole, WY
The LEED-Silver Certified Hotel Terra is located less than a mile from Grand Teton National Park and less than an hour from Yellowstone National Park. This summer, families can experience both breathtaking natural wonders with Hotel Terra’s Passport to the Parks package. Perfect for families of all ages, the Passport to the Parks package includes a 7-day park pass to both Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, guide books and a delicious daily breakfast from Terra Cafe to fuel you for your needs.
The Passport to the Parks package includes:
- 3-night lodging in Terra Guest Room
- $30 daily breakfast credit at Terra Cafe
- 7-day Park Pass to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park
- Guide Book for both Parks
- Booking Link: http://hotelterrajacksonhole.com/packages/passport-to-the-parks/
Peach Cobbler Protein Smoothie
Southern Peaches are amazing right now (especially Chilton County Peaches), and they as tasty as they are huge! My 3 kids and I are on a smoothie kick, and I made this Peach Cobbler Protein Smoothie this morning which was
8 Awesome Watermelon Recipes
My kids and I LOVE watermelon, so I wanted to share a few of my latest favorite watermelon recipes along with the health benefits of watermelon! Drum roll please!! recipe above is Watermelon Sorbet by Ingredients Inc Watermelon Salad
Lemonade Poppyseed Cake
Today I am so excited to be on Talk of the Town Newschannel 5 in Nashville making this amazing recipe for Lemonade Poppyseed Cake perfect for this time of year. It is fabulous for breakfast, a snack and for dessert.
Signature Beef and Mushroom Burger
If you like mushrooms and burgers, read on. The Seasons 52 Restaurant and Mushroom Council have just introduced the Signature Beef and Mushroom Burger (Signature Burger), which is Angus beef blended with mushroom duxelle, butter lettuce, roasted tomatoes, house made pickles. This mouthwatering burger is new to
DIY Chocolate Mask
Looking to hydrate, reverse sun damage or simply firm and tone your skin? Try chocolate! Why? Chocolate is considered by many to be the ultimate aphrodisiac because it puts you in a good mood simply by just the scent alone.